Regulations & Resources
Where are the world’s climate leaders?
Every company and every sector face dramatically different climate change risks, depending on where they are in the world. This map shows which country’s companies have the highest average implied temperature rise and the highest climate transition risks, as well which companies are the climate leaders and laggards.
- Where are the world’s climate leaders?
- What the IPCC report on climate change impacts means for investors
- Key provisions of the COP26 climate agreement
- COP26 week one recap
- COP26 national climate commitments tracker
- Keeping warming to 1.5°C will require big countries to quit coal
- What the latest IPCC report means for investors
- About the COP26 climate summit
- What is the role of emissions trading?
- Climate-related regulations for the financial sector
- The significance of nationally determined contributions
- Financial industry climate alliances and initiatives
- Climate reporting by capital-markets participants
- A glossary for getting to net-zero
MSCI’s Climate Change Risk Atlas
MSCI’s Implied Temperature Rise is designed to show the temperature alignment of companies with global climate targets, while its Low Carbon Transition Score assesses current and potential exposure to transition risks & opportunities for a company’s operations & business. MSCI’s Climate Change Risk Atlas calculates the average company-level ITR and LCT score by country and by sector for companies in the MSCI ACWI IMI Index, as well as selecting the top- and bottom-scoring three companies in each country and sector on these metrics.
Source: MSCI ESG Research, LLC. Data universe is based on constituents of the MSCI ACWI IMI Index, with data as of XX June 2022. Implied Temperature Rise (ITR) and Low Carbon Transition (LCT) country and sector totals are calculated as simple averages.
Source: MSCI ESG Research, LLC. Data universe is based on constituents of the MSCI ACWI IMI Index with a country of domicile in the Asia-Pacific region, with data as of XX June 2022. Implied Temperature Rise (ITR) and Low Carbon Transition (LCT) country and sector totals are calculated as simple averages.